Another new customer, another new problem – another new solution!
Due to our wide ranging certification, we are able to adjust and alter many of our Hazardous Area products to suit the requirements of our customers. This is something we do on a regular basis with our vertically mounted sensors.
This new customer was originally looking for something similar but, due to the shape of their vessel, they did not think it would be possible to mount vertically. When the customer called us, they admitted they were running out of ideas on how to ensure they could switch a low level alarm in their application.
They sent a schematic of their application across and it became obvious that a sensor could only be mounted horizontally. By altering our HFS-Ex model and adding 100mm either side of the 2” BSPP Hex plug, our customer would be able to connect this to their system in a convenient and safe manner, whilst also reaching far enough inside their container to avoid other components.
This solution was designed and manufactured within two weeks of the initial enquiry.
Features of the HFS-Ex sensor include:
- ATEX and IECEx Ex d approved
- Extension bar either side of 2”BSPP Hex plug
- Max Operating Pressure 16 Bar
- Voltage free SPST or SPDT reed switch contacts
- Stainless steel 316L housing and wetted components
- Custom mounting options available
- Suitable for high liquid temperatures
- Suitable for gas and dust environments
- IP68 Ingress protection
- Suitable for low specific gravity liquids
- M20 or ½” NPT cable entry
A fairly straight forward solution in the end for this customer, all thanks to our extensive ATEX certification and knowledge!