IECEx’s objective is the facilitation of international trade in equipment used in explosive environments, while maintaining the required level of safety
- Reduced testing and certification costs to manufacturer
- Reduced time to market
- International confidence in the product assessment process
- one international database listing
- Maintaining International Confidence in equipment and services covered by IECEx Certification
IECEx Equipment Scheme
Please note the following information is for general reference only, and does not apply to any Deeter products unless specifically stated.
The IECEx Scheme is an International Certification Scheme covering product that meets the requirements of International Standards, e.g. IEC Standards prepared by TC 31.The IECEx Certified Equipment Scheme provides both:
a) A single International Certificate of Conformity that requires manufacturers to successfully complete:
- Testing and Assessment of samples for compliance with Standards
- Assessment and auditing of manufacturers premises
- On-going surveillance audits of manufacturers premises
b) A “fast-track” process for countries where regulations still require the issuing of national Ex Certificates or approval. This is achieved by way of global acceptance of IECEx equipment Test and Assessment Reports.
Certificates issued by the IECEX Certified Equipment Scheme are issued as “Electronic Certificates” and are live on the IECEx Website. This enables full public access for viewing and printing.