The VFS-SA is a vertically mounted magnetic float switch for the control and indication of a liquid level while in a potentially explosive atmosphere. It is certified for use as Simple Apparatus in Intrinsically Safe systems.
This switch must be used in conjunction with an intrinsically safe barrier when used in a potentially explosive atmosphere.
Download the Datasheet here: VFS-SA Datasheet and Certificate
The VFS-SA can be considered for the following systems:
II 1 G IIC T3 Ga Tamb -20°C to +190°C
II 1 G IIC T4 Ga Tamb -20°C to +125°C
II 1 G IIC T5 Ga Tamb -20°C to +90°C
II 1 G IIC T6 Ga Tamb -20°C to +75°C
II 1 D IIIC T200°C Da Tamb -20°C to +190°C
II 1 D IIIC T135°C Da Tamb -20°C to +125°C
II 1 D IIIC T100°C Da Tamb -20°C to +90°C
II 1 D IIIC T85°C Da Tamb -20°C to +75°C
The VFS-SA is a small vertically mounted liquid level sensor which has been certified for use as Simple Apparatus in Intrinsically Safe systems. Its wide ranging certification allows for custom lengths and switching positions depending on your bespoke requirements.
- ATEX Certified for use as simple apparatus in an intrinsically safe system.
- Temperature range of -20°C to 120°C, with temperatures up to 190°C available.
- Up to 7 switching positions.
- Stem lengths of up to 6 metres.
- Available with Form A (SPST) or Form C (SPDT) contacts.
- A 1 meter cable is provided as standard, however custom lengths are available.
|VFS-SA-(XXX)01/02/03||VFS-SA-(XXX)04||Non-Standard Options Available|
|Reference Float Specific Gravity||0.71||0.66||0.49|
|Maximum Pressure||10 Bar||10 Bar||45 Bar|
|Operating temperatures||-20°C to +120°C||-20°C to +120°C||-20°C to +190°C|
Switch Contact Ratings
Form A switches are rated at 240v AC/DC, 50 Watts, 1.0 Amp resistive load only.
Form C switches are rated at 50v AC/ DC, 10 Watts, 0.25 Amp resistive load only.
All variations have 24AWG, 7/0.2 PTFE insulated wires.
|Length A||Length B||Float Type|
|M10||28mm||54mm||1” Ball Float|
|M16||32mm||57mm||1” Ball Float|
|1” BSP||39mm||64mm||1” Ball Float|
|1” NPT||39mm||64mm||1” Cylinder Float|
Example: VFS-SA-50A01 describes a sensor with an M10 thread, Form A switch rated at 50 watts.
Custom stem lengths and switching points are available. Please contact the sales office for more information.
All electrical equipment should be installed by a qualified/certified electrician. Please check the Conditions of Certification before Installation.
* When integrating the VFS-SA into the intrinsically safe system, it’s the user’s responsibility to produce a Descriptive System Document (DSD) in accordance with BS EN 60079-25 which considers the Intrinsically Safe Barrier and Cable parameters to ensure the system is compliant with BS EN 60079-25.
* The Deeter Group follows a policy of continual development of its products and reserves the right to change specifications and/or features without notice.
You may also like…
Explosion Proof Vertical Float Switch (VFS-FP)
› view product
Horizontally Mounted Hazardous Area Float Switch for Intrinsically Safe Systems (HFS FP)
› view product
3-Channel Zener Diode Safety Barrier ZSB-409A
3 Channel Zener Diode Safety Barrier – ATEX, IECEx & UL/cUL Approved for use in intrinsic safety applications
› view product